Unit 1: Setting up a blog

Hi everyone,

My name is Aimee and I am currently a year 1/2 teacher and the ICT/Contemporary Learning leader at my school. This is my sixth year teaching in primary education. I am very interested in learning more about Web 2.0 tools, especially blogging. I have a class blog that I have just started called Kids Speak http://kids-speak.blogspot.com/ and I would love to find out ways I can make it more engaging. I have started to create my own PLN and find I am learning new things everyday. I use twitter as a way to connect with other educators and I follow lots of blogs created by teachers and classes. These connections have also supported me in leaving comments on my class blog and offering a range of ideas that I can use.

My main reason for joining this program is to find out as much as I can about blogging and any other Web 2.0 tools that I have not yet learnt about. I hope that I will be able to use my class blog more effectively and also broaden my PLN.

One thought on “Unit 1: Setting up a blog

1. Hi,
    Thanks for taking us on your teaching journey. We also love your class blog – especially the post about why everyone is important.
    We look forward to working with you on the PLN this year.
    Best wishes,
    The PLN team