Unit 10: Learning and Teaching Tools 2

FUSE Primary looks fantastic. It has a nice feel and layout and there are so many resources on offer. The site is very easy to use. There is also a teacher resource section, which I have used. I have already found some resources for my current inquiry unit on building. If you are interested there is also an early childhood and secondary section.

Flickr is a tool that I have been meaning to try out for some time. The thing that has stopped me apart from time is that I’m not sure if I really need an account. The only photos I really post online are from my class to put on our blog. I’m not even sure if flickr is supported in global 2??? I will probably give flickr a go when I get around to it, but its not really a priority for me right now.

I love YouTube as a resource tool. It offers so many avenues for teaching and learning. I was talking to a student at recess yesterday about knitting. She was in the middle of knitting a scarf. I asked her how she learnt how to knit and her response was that she had searched YouTube for a video and taught herself. This is the perfect example of how useful and accessible YouTube is!

One thought on “Unit 10: Learning and Teaching Tools 2

1. Hi Aimee,
    You’re powering through these units at present – thanks for all these posts. You’re absolutely right to just prioritise what you think will be useful for you right now, and you’re clearly already doing that. Glad you enjoyed FUSE, too. Great story about the girl teaching herself to knit from YouTube (if only it was that easy!).
    You’re on the home straight now, so good luck with your final unit.
    Cheers,
    Kelly
    (for the PLN team)