Module 2

In Module 2 we set up blogs so that we can reflect on the learning we have done during the course. I already had this blog so I decided to use it for my reflections. The staff that I am supporting in completing the course all set up new blogs. I am looking forward to reading their reflections as it will help me assist them as best I can.

I have been a huge fan of blogging for a few years now. My class has a blog and my students this year are working towards setting up their own blogs for reflection. I can’t imaging teaching without a blog now. The value my class gets from blogging is amazing. We are able to take time and reflect on our learning in a way that wasn’t done before we started blogging. We now take photos of our work and classroom everyday. It has become part of what we do. We are always ready to make a new post. I really like the feedback that we receive from our class blog. We have communication with parents as well as the wider global community. We have participated in things like quadblogging that enabled us to connect with schools around the world. When we participate in special days such as World Read Aloud Day we are able to connect with a global audience. I am shocked at the number of visitors we constantly have on our blog. Another great teaching opportunity that blogs present are discussions about real life cyber safety. Each time we post something we agree to follow our guidelines. We can have many in depth discussions around staying safe online as part of blogging in our classroom.

You can visit our class blog by clicking on the picture below: